We have worked with a wide range of customers including: –
- Open Gate a small voluntary organisation working with women offenders at Newton Hall prison near Durham City. We have been working with this small charity to explore its future funding and development when current sources of trust funding ends amidst major changes in the Probation Service and ways offenders are managed.
- We have assisted Darlington Association on Disability to review it’s current and future activities in the light of a difficult funding climate and developed a new business plan. The organisation was previously heavily supported by it’s Local Authority, but this is reducing rapidly as Local Authority funding cuts
bite. We are now supporting them in making a bid for National Lottery Big Potential funding to develop a disability focused social enterprise.
- Providing consultancy support to a large Northern Charity, DISC, across a range of issues, including monitoring rapid changes in the criminal justice arena and identifying possible development opportunities, bid writing including to trusts and to the international strand of Lottery for a proposal to undertake work in Serbia, raising funds for a commercial subsidiary and writing monthly Information Updates about developments across the voluntary sector.
- Supporting Moving On, a youth homelessness charity, by raising substantial charitable trust funding to sustain their outreach support service. We have raised funding for and assisted in the development of Moving On Housing, a private sector house leasing scheme, designed to provide additional housing for young people. We have also accessed National Lottery Big Potential funding for them with the aim of raising a Social Investment Bond to purchase houses to provide supported accommodation.
- We undertook work with the Northern Inclusion Consortium, a group of larger voluntary organisations in establishing a consortium so that they could bid for larger public service delivery contracts in competition with the private sector. This work is also drew us into exploring options for establishing a substantial Social Investment.
- Helping First Stop, a homelessness charity, by raising substantial charitable trust funding to sustain and develop their services
- Working with the Pioneering Care Partnership, a health focused charity, to develop their services. We assisted in the preparation and submission of six Healthwatch tenders. Four of the proposals were successful which was a
phenomenal result, and has helped to ensure their future.
- Helping Cornerstone, a charity and social enterprise which provides accommodation and workshop based work experience and training for homeless adults in writing a business plan, improving their systems and
quality management and raising charitable trust funding.
- Supporting a consortium of small housing and employability organisations to bid for government funding, including exploring options for Social Investment Bonds, and writing the proposal on their behalf.
- Exploring funding options for an area based Community Action Partnership.
- Working with Jack Drum Arts, a Community Arts organisation to change their organisational structure and diversify their activities and funding streams.
- Helping Durham Accommodation for Single People (DASH) to apply for Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) funding to develop accommodation for young people.
- Assisting Family Help, a women’s refuge, to retain and expand their service delivery contract after the Local Authority, which had funded them for 34 years, put the service out to competitive tender.
- Completing a feasibility report for Darlington CAB on establishing a social enterprise.
We have also provided training in bid writing to a number of organisations.